How to: Basics of Cooking


How to Roast Garlic 

This is exceptionally easy. Acquire a garlic (whole) cut off the top so that the buds are exposed. If you missed some of the buds don't worry. Pull them off and use those cloves later in other various cooking adventures. Drizzle olive oil and sea salt over the exposed cloves. Wrap the garlic head in tin foil and cook for 40-45 minutes in a 350 degree oven. 










Caramelized Onions

These are super easy too. How could I have gone so many years without caramelizing an onion? All the same, thinly slice up an onion. I had a large pan so I cut up three. Remember these bad boys will shrink up on you by the end. I put a few tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in my pan and let the oil heat up. I then dumped my onions in and gave them the five minute stir. I did this for about 20 minutes. 




The Perfect Boiled Egg (Your welcome)

From the day I was born I've had a love-hate relationship with boiled eggs. I didn't like the gray middle part it looked gross. As a kid, if it look gross, I was out. 

I take my eggs and put them in the pan. I add just enough water to cover the eggs. I then bring the eggs to a boil. I let it boil for 2 minutes and then remove the eggs from the heat. I cover the pot with a lid and wait 11 minutes. I then drain the eggs and put them in a bowl with ice water (and ice). This stops the cooking process. After a few minutes, I take the eggs out of the arctic water and eat them! 


No comments: