The day Pinterest got out of hand



Did your heart just skip a beat when you saw this logo? 

Mine did. 

If you don't know what Pinterest is, don't feel bad. Click here to find out

I will be kind and warn you that Pinterest is very addicting. 

For those of you who follow me on my Facebook Page, you know that this weekend was all about crafting and cooking. What better place to start when you are in the mood to craft than Pinterest? 

Well, that is exactly what I did. You see the problem was, I didn't want to make any of the stuff I had pinned. 

*Gasp* 

I thought I liked my pins, but as I began to scroll through them, I started to realize that I didn't like half of the stuff I had pinned. 

What to do? 

Time for a little summer cleaning, I decided. I spent a whole hour cleaning up my boards and deleting over a half of my pins. While doing this, I began to notice that I had phases. There was the map phase, the lace phase, the wood phase, and the bookbinding phase, just to name a few. It's kinda like cleaning out the crap from an old ex-boyfriend. You might have liked it at the time but you grew out of it.  

As I sat there wasting one whole hour of craft time, I made a promise to myself that I would start actually making these crafts that I pinned. I wouldn't go on this "Pinterest high" and begin frantically pinning everything. 

No more Ms. Nice Pinner. 



Want to take a peak into what I find interesting, beautiful, and delicious? 




I even have a finished board. 

Here's to me, completing projects I pin. 

Have a successful Monday. 

3 comments:

Mrs. Veronica said...

I have a "doing done did board" for my pin pals that know me.

Angela :) said...

Good idea Laura! I think I will create a "finished" board as well!

Laura said...

Mrs. Veronica: I will have to check out your "doing, done, did board". Maybe I might find some more things to pin.

Angela: It is great motivation to get stuff done.