Drool: Pasta with Marinated Cherry Tomatoes



I had just come from the farmer's market with a killer deal on cherry tomatoes.  The only problem....I don't like tomatoes. That's right, I won't touch them unless they are in salsa or ketchup. I have a real issue with whether it is a fruit or a veggie. Pick a side Mr. Tomato. 

So, there I was giddy as can be with a bag full or cherry tomatoes. 


What to do? 

Search the world wide web for a delicious recipe of course. 

I was listening to This American Life scooting around the kitchen when everything came to a halt. 
Maybe it was instinct. Maybe it was the fact that it smelled amazing? 
Only God knows the reason. 
I stuck my fork into this delightful bowl and took a taste. 


(dramatic silence) 

It was incredible tomatoes and all. I made this recipe twice and both times it blew my socks off. 
Mr. Snail and I are brown baggers ( meaning we pack our lunches). I have this whole thing about my food not being soggy or mushy. This pasta marinated from heaven tomato dish is right up my alley. 

Who would have thought I would say that tomatoes were delicious? 

If you ask my opinion this is a must try recipe.








3 comments:

Valerie Ronin said...

I can't believe you don't like tomatoes. I don't think it gets much better than a homegrown tomato with a sprinkle of salt. So good!

One of the most requested dishes in the Ronin home is what we call Feta-Spaghetta! You simmer cherry tomatoes with garlic in olive oil, toss in your cooked spaghetti noodles, feta cheese, fresh basil and black olives. Soooo good!

Laura said...

Oh Val. That sounds incredible. I mean how can you go wrong with cheese and pasta. I think I may have to invite you over for a photo date and request that you bring Feta-Spaghetta and your two incredible daughters.

Ashley said...

Sounds delicious! My boyfriend is the same way with tomatoes, so I think I'll have to give this a try!