Mod Podge Heaven: Coasters

Last week was crazy. I tried to pack into one week: a huge DIY project (repainting a room), a birthday party (Mr. Snail turns 30). I warned you I was an overachiever. The good news is, I am still standing. In the midst of all the paint, cake, and lemonade stands....I did a craft project.

I saw this craft project on The Crafty CPA about a year ago. It has been on my "to-make" list for a while now, just never seemed to have the time. Since we were painting, I figured there was no time like the present and got to work. 

I've been totally obsessed with Mod Podge lately. Needless to say, I was thrilled that The Crafty CPA's coaster project called for it. 


I used the flat tiles from Lowes. I think they were like 69 cents a piece. Can you guess what color I painted my room? 


I applied Mod Podge to the coaster first. I'm just a  Mod Podge nerd and I like to make sure every surface gets fully immersed in it. 



I found that once you applied a layer of Mod Podge to the coaster it was important to press the paint coaster against the coaster. I ran my fingers over the surface of the paint chip several times to ensure that there wouldn't be air bubbles. I messed up a on a few of my first coasters because I didn't press the paint chip onto the coaster. 


In the end, I was thrilled with how cute this project turned out. I just feel so trendy handing out paint chip coasters to my guests. Nothing feels better than having a guest look at your coaster and proclaim "did you make this?". I love to smile (fake- bashfully) and say "Why...yes I did". 

By the way I painted my room in Safe Harbor. I loved the name and I loved the color. 

For the full instructions please visit The Crafty CPA.

Have a beautiful Tuesday friends.

No comments: