Dusty Bookshelf: June reading list



Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini: 
This book has been on my radar for several months now. The problem is that there is always another book to steal my attention. Fortunately, Fancy Snail's (Mr. Snail's mom) book club is reading this book. I have been granted asked to join this exclusive group for the summer. I am as gitty as Justin Bieber fan! *side note* this book club is so exclusive I bet even Justin Bieber couldn't join. 


Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte: 

This book has been reading list for at least 10 years. I have this thing about classics. Classics remind me of vitamins you know you are supposed to eat them but you would rather eat candy. 


 Sticky Notes for Reading


1. You can hold your exact place in the book. Since it is sticky it doesn't matter if you drop your book your place won't be lost. 

2. Use smaller stickies to mark phrases or quotations that you found enlightening. 

3. Reading inspires me so I like to have Post it handy to jot down a quick idea. 

4. Use Post-it notes to highlight a word you want to come back to. 

5. Sometimes when I am reading a boring part I start going through what I need to do for the day. I use an extra Post-it note to jot those things down and then I can clear my mind and keep reading. 

If you are fancy you can color code your post-it notes. I am not that fancy but I know someone out there is. 




No comments: